On 25.05.2011 17:35, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:

As an example, I configured "SHIFT-ALT-G" for "Insert-Gallery" in the
keyboard configuration. The "view" menu (don't ask me why the menu has
it in "view", the config in "insert" ;-)) immediately shows the new
accelerator, the toolbar quickhelp doesn't. If I now open a new
document, its toolbar shows the accelerator in the quickhelp text of
the "Gallery" button.
Just tried this via "Tools->Customize", but it did not work with the
toolbar item.

*what* did you try? My example with ".uno:Gallery" or your script/macro?
Your example.

In case you didn't notice, it is necessary to create the toolbar
*after* you have configured the shortcut, e.g. by opening a new
document window.
Did try that, even shut down all instances of OOo writer.

It's OOo 3.2.1 though, so maybe that does not work with that "old" version?

Hm, probable. I tested with 3.3. Maybe if I come across a 3.2.1 I might try it again.

Regards,

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".