Then we need a more flexible beast than our current 'pool' entity.

This was suggested some time ago and nixed on new-httpd.  I think it's time to
bring back up the concept of different 'pool' mechanisms.  E.g., a shmem pool,
a malloc pool, an apache-style pool.  Ryan whiteboarded it for me in SF a week
ago, and it makes a heck of alot of sense.

Otherwise we are warping a rather limited entity to handle this issue.

At a -bare-minimum- we need to create a store list to free on cleanup, of all
the allocated datum records retrieved.  If the users -wants- to call
apr_dbm_freedatum, then fine, release it from the datum store list.  But we
should recast the returned datum as const, at the least, since some dbm
datum allocations are not in read-write memory.

Bill