Hi,

On Mit 29.03.2006 12:36, Rian A Hunter wrote:

While implementing the message bounce in mod_smtpd I ran into a snag. I
need to get mx records for host names!! There seems to be no portable
DNS resolver library/interface. For UNIX there is at least res_search()
and dn_expand() except on BSD this is in the standard library and in
linux you need -lresolv.

I know there is apr_sockaddr_info_get but this doesn't handle getting
mx records (or other DNS record types). Should a "resolver" API be
added to APR. Actually I think yes and I think I'm going to implement
this. Any objections?

howabout to add/use a yet available lib such as:

UDNS: DNS Resolver Library
http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/udns.html

or similar libs?

regards