On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 17:55 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Thanks Peter, it begs the question from my last note, should we refuse
> any 2.62 for packaging via our scripts, or just let it slide?
>
> My gutcheck says simply refuse 2.62.

I would generate our configure with 2.61 (for which we know is good) and
let others choose their own. In many cases, distributions are shipping
their own patches to 2.62 that are addressing the problem, so no need to
ban 2.62 outright.

PS. I just checked Fedora's Rawhide and autoconf 2.62 there has a patch
that appears to be addressing the same issue. Obviously, openSuSE have
one etc.

--
Bojan