On 07.12.2011 23:56, Jeff Trawick wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Rainer Jung<rainer.j...@kippdata.de>  wrote:
On 07.12.2011 18:10, Jeff Trawick wrote:

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Graham Leggett<minf...@sharp.fm>    wrote:

diff -ru apr-util-1.3.12/build/config.guess
apr-util-1.4.0/build/config.guess

config.guess is not an autotool.

Cool.  (It wasn't too long ago that I always had
config.sub/config.guess diffs in my tree from them being copied
unexpectedly -- I thought from autoconf or libtool.)

Actually in older releases we had a force flag somewhere in buildconf which would overwrite the config.* in apr when releasing apr and then apr-util would pull in those overwritten ones from apr.

Over the last one or two years I hope we managed to remoive the force everywhere, so config.* in apr svn should be the definite version.

apr-util buildconf should copy the file in from the apr against which you
run buildconf. The config.guess we have in apr is relatively up to date, so
this looks like apr-util buildconf was run against an old apr.

There's a parameter on release.sh which gets passed to apr-util
buildconf.  If it is not passed to release.sh it looks like it will
look in ../apr.

As it is not coming from the autotools, I guess Graham would have to
look for where it might have come.

Definitely good to double-check and not to buildconf against some old apr source.

Regards,

Rainer