On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 11:37 +0100, Branko Čibej wrote:
> Seeding the hash function is effectively the same as using the hash
> function's output to seed the randomizer, right?

Yeah, randomiser function would have to be something other than simple
xor or similar. The modulo that is used for indexing would have to
change for sure (which xor does not do), otherwise it would be useless.

If you can think of a nice function that does that, feel free to
implement (maybe byte reshuffling could work). I just didn't want to
keep an implementation in SVN that I know was broken.

--
Bojan