On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 2:59 AM Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com> wrote:

> [X] Please drop 8-bit and focus only on utf-8 resource names on Win32.
>
> The only problem I see that it would harder to backport fixes to
> stable branches. What about release apr 1.8 without ANSI logic?

That isn't possible by my reading of our version contract. Yes, backports
would require some additional adjustments in the existing ANSI code,
but the of changes to that code is the future should be approximately nil.

I don't see us shipping a 1.8, if we proceed on course to ship a 2.0 some
time in the near future. Our feature-set is somewhat complete as things
stand now.