Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, one of the fixes in APR 1.7.3 that was authored by me has
caused a significant regression, where writing to files opened with both
APR_FOPEN_APPEND and APR_FOPEN_BUFFERED now may not properly append
the data on Windows.  The issue has been reported in [1].

Compared to the potential impact of the regression, the original fix seems
be of lesser concern, so I reverted the change in r1909088 [2] and
backported
it to 1.7.x in r1909095 [3].

Would it be feasible to release 1.7.4 with a fix for this regression?

(I can try to RM if needed, although in such a case it would be my first
time
 preparing an APR release.)

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/56gnyc3tc0orjh5mfsqo9gpq1br59b01
[2] https://svn.apache.org/r1909088