Please be gentle, I haven't been around APR for quite a few years..

I'm tentatively interested in a multi-language application that could
benefit from APR, specifically things like semaphores and shared memory.

Are there any OSS binding libraries making *any* APR functionality
available to Python (primarily) or Ruby?  Either from the APR project
itself, or provided by some other person or organisation?

For that matter, are there any good *BOOKS* about APR out there?  I've
found the documentation, apparently built from code-embedded comments, to
be a bit .. sparse.  I might be interested in improving that, if someone
would be willing to inform me (and possibly hold my hand for a bit 😁)
about the process for doing so..

's been a very, _very_ long time since I was involved with APR, so I'm
going to have to feel my way back into being able to provide any value.
With all the various different ways ASF projects have now of handling
submissions, issues, and code repos, I'm sure my SVN-and-email 'muscle
memory' is stale and obsolete..

Thanks!
--
Ken Coar (💻)