On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 4:21 AM Nick Kew <n...@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 9 Nov 2023, at 16:15, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Personally, I'd deprecate apr_dbm entirely, and direct all clients
> towards sqlite.

> +1 to deprecting apr_dbm, provided we explain exactly why (so users
> are clear whether or not it matters to their use cases).  The alternative
> would
> be smart locking code within apr_dbm, and I doubt that anyone wants to
> put that effort in.
>
> Applications can still use a dbm of their choice without the APR layer.

Or, apps can stick to an older APR. ... we don't have to carry this forward
into future versions of APR (IMO).

To your point, it is probably a single page with code samples to show how
to do K/V with sqlite, to replace the apr_dbm calls. That's gonna be way
easier than locking code integrated into apr_dbm.

Cheers,
-g