On Tue, Dec 26, 2023 at 07:17:51PM +0100, Daniel Sahlberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apr_uid_current() can retur the user id and primary group id of a user. Is
> there a way to find out if a user also has secondary groups (something
> similar to getgrouplist(3)?
>
> The Subversion project has some bug reports where a user has R/W access to
> a certain file via a secondary group, but APR doesn't pick up the secondary
> groups and thus we don't think the user has R/W access. I'd like to improve
> this by also considering all secondary groups.

How are you testing for readability/writability here exactly? On Unix
the right way is using access() but there isn't an APR wrapper for it.
(Trying to manually check against user/groups is not a reliable way to
test, not just because of groups but also because of things like setuid
processes and RBAC systems which may exist on top of the user/groups.)

Regards, Joe