De : Olivier Lamy [mailto:ol...@apache.org]
Envoyé : mardi 28 février 2012 15:00
À : dev@archiva.apache.org
Objet : Re: Random unit test fail during build

2012/2/28 Eric Barboni <barb...@irit.fr>:
> I log some info during test on Archiva Base :: Repository Interface
> Layer
>
> It seems that the two following tests are executed in random order.
>
> public void testGatherSnapshotVersionsA() public void
> testGatherSnapshotVersionsAWithProxies()
>
> If testGatherSnapshotVersionsA before
> testGatherSnapshotVersionsAWithProxies
> Test run OK
> But testGatherSnapshotVersionsAWithProxies before
> testGatherSnapshotVersionsA leads to 1.0-alpha-11-20070315.033030-10
> present on the test repository and messing the test.
weird as surefire is configured to runOrder=alphabetical

> -- On the UI (Long and not easy to explain only by text) Cannot yet
> help in coding. Not fluent in the framework yet.
>

>>>I like the idea about separate browsing vs search with query
>>>parameters
> (I'm currently working on the search I hope to have finish this week)
>
>>>BTW the autocomplete/filtering on browsing looks to be a nice idea
> (something like http://www.screencast.com/t/01FIwaVTr ? ) (I have just
> committed that) Looks cool
>
> Some other idea to have in the new UI
>
> --> browser with more complete list (list of full path group +
> --> artifact +
> version) with filtering according to current search quick search. With
> nice color cycle to make reading reading easy.
>  --> possibility remove in browser (according to user permission, and
> maybe
> upload) less error in filling the delete or upload form. (because
> input can be pre filled)

yup agree on the delete too :-) (but with selection on which
repository(ies) to delete)

>        .....                                        |  repository   |
> Manage
>
>  / ant / ant / 1.6.5                  | internal                   |
> remove
>  / ant / ant / 1.6                      | internal                   |
> remove
>

>   --> right side view  (1/2 to 1/3 % of width of page) for details
> info with tab like is now when you got the artifact.

patch welcome :-)

> Alternative menu item center on artifact / repo / report / user /
> system vs find / manage / administration Somehow restricted menu
> should be not displayed or in different color
>
> Artifacts  (public with exception)
>  Browse
>  Upload  (restricted)
>  Delete  (restricted)
>
> Repository (restricted)
>  Repository Group
>  Repository
>  Proxy connectors
>  Network Proxies
>  Legacy Support
>
> Reports  (public with exception)
>  Report
>  Audit Log (restricted)
>  System Status (restricted)
>
> System (restricted)
>  Customize appearance
>  Network configuration
>

> //
> Users (restricted) seems to be done in top tool bar
>   Management
>   Roles

org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.
>> java:44)
>>        at
>> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCal
>> able.j
>> ava:15)
>>        at
>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMe
>> hod.ja
>> va:41)
>>        at
>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMet
>> od.jav
>> a:20)
>>        at
>> org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunBeforeTestMetho
>> Callba
>> cks.evaluate(RunBeforeTestMethodCallbacks.java:74)
>>        at
>> org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunAfterTestMethod
>> allbac
>> ks.evaluate(RunAfterTestMethodCallbacks.java:83)
>>        at
>> org.junit.rules.TestWatchman$1.evaluate(TestWatchman.java:48)
>>        at
>> org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.SpringRepeat.evalu
>> te(Spr
>> ingRepeat.java:72)
>>        at
>> org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.runCh
>> ld(Spr
>> ingJUnit4ClassRunner.java:231)
>>        at
>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRun
>> er.jav
>> a:49)
>>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
>>        at
>> org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
>>        at
>> org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
>>        at
>> org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
>>        at
>> org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
>>        at
>> org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunBeforeTestClass
>> allbac
>> ks.evaluate(RunBeforeTestClassCallbacks.java:61)
>>        at
>> org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunAfterTestClassC
>> llback
>> s.evaluate(RunAfterTestClassCallbacks.java:71)
>>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
>>        at
>> org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.run(S
>> ringJU
>> nit4ClassRunner.java:174)
>>        at

org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:
>> 236)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4
>> rovide
>> r.java:134)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.
>> java:1
>> 13)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>> ava:57
>> )
>>        at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
>> orImpl
>> .java:43)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodWithArray(
>> eflect
>> ionUtils.java:189)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ProviderProxy.invoke
>> (
>> Provid
>> erFactory.java:165)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.invokeProvider(Provi
>> erFact
>> ory.java:85)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Fork
>> dBoote
>> r.java:103)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:
>> 7
>> 4)

Jenkins).
>> Can you give more output with -Dsurefire.useFile=false
>>
>> Merci :-)
>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
>>>

>>> But while trying to build step 3 unit test fail in two ways [1] and
>>> [2] (output).
>>>

>>> I would be happy to help archiva.  I have some hci background and
>>> web design skill (not logo or image design).
>>>

>>> Best Regards
>>>

>>> Eric Barboni
>>>

>>> [1]---
>>>
>>> In Archiva Base :: Repository Interface Layer

>>> -
>>> -
>>> ------
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Test set: org.apache.archiva.repository.metadata.MetadataToolsTest

>>> -
>>> -
>>> ------
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Tests run: 21, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 3.076 sec <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>>> testGatherSnapshotVersionsA(org.apache.archiva.repository.metadata.M
>>> e
>>> t
>>> adataT
>>> oolsTest)  Time elapsed: 0.029 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>>> java.lang.AssertionError: Assert Snapshot Versions: length/size
>>> expected:<8> but was:<9>
>>>
>>> at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:91)
>>>

>>> [2]---
>>>
>>> In Archiva Base :: Policies

>>> -
>>> -
>>> ------
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Test set: org.apache.archiva.policies.CachedFailuresPolicyTest

>>> -
>>> -
>>> ------
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 0.934 sec <<< FAILURE!
>>>
>>> testPolicyYesNotInCache(org.apache.archiva.policies.CachedFailuresPo
>>> l
>>> i
>>> cyTest
>>> )  Time elapsed: 0.005 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>>
>>> org.apache.archiva.policies.PolicyViolationException: NO to fetch,
>>> check-failures detected previous failure on url:
>>> http://a.bad.hostname.maven.org/path/to/resource.txt
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.archiva.policies.CachedFailuresPolicy.applyPolicy(CachedF
>>> a
>>> i
>>> luresP