Way back in Nov 09, we did a users survey and asked what features
people wanted to see.  Here was my summary of the responses:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org/msg01446.html

Looking at that, we've done essentially all of them.  I think we can
make a strong case that our next release should be 1.0; it's
production ready, it's reasonably feature-complete, it's documented,
and we know what our upgrade path story is.

The list--

Load balancing: basics done;
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1427 is open to
improve it

Decommission: done

Map/reduce support: done

ColumnFamily / Keyspace definitions w/o restart: done

Design documentation: started at
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureInternals

Insert multiple rows at once: done

Remove_slice_range / remove_key_range: turned out to be a *lot* harder
than it looks at first.  Postponed indefinitely.

Secondary indexing: done

Caching: done (with some enhancements possible such as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1969 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1956)

Bulk delete (truncate): done

I would add,

User documentation: done (http://www.riptano.com/docs)

Large row support: done

Improved replication strategies and more sophisticated ConsistencyLevels: done

Efficient bootstrap/streaming: done

Flow control: done

Network-level compatibility between releases: scheduled
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1015)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra