The artifacts for this vote happen to have
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3343.

This is a purely cosmetic issue, and clearly I don't want to reroll the vote
for this, which would delay the release.

But I also think that fixing this issue has zero chance of screwing anything
up, so while it feels stupid to delay the release for that, it also feels
stupid to me to annoy people with it.

So I have created new artifacts, based on the previous ones but with the
infamous 'echo $CLASSPATH' removed from cassandra.in.sh. And what I'm
proposing is to simply switch to those last artifacts for the release instead
of the initial ones, but without restarting a vote just for that. The new
artifacts are:

SVN:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-1.0.0@r1181741
Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-053/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.0/
Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-053/

I've also put them and the corresponding debian package at
http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/with_3343/

We still have 2 days to go on this vote, so this is not a sneaky move either.
However, I've kept the initial artifacts around for now, so if someone
disagree strongly, we'll stick to the initial artifacts.

--
Sylvain