On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like the consensus is that if this is a good idea at all, it
> needs to be opt-in.  Like I said earlier, I can live with that.

In addition, if you want to get data from large companies that manage
their own datacenters, there needs to be a way to contribute data
without the software phoning home automatically. We aren't allowed to
make connections to the outside world from our datacenter. And I'm not
willing to ask for an exception for this.

A mode that dumps the data to a file which can be uploaded would be
preferable. People probably won't do it often, but imagine if your
periodic "how are you using cassandra?" email threads included data?

-ryan