One thing that does jump out at me, though, is about CQL2.  As much as we
have advised against using cassandra-jdbc, I have encountered a few that
actually have used that as an integration point.  I believe that
cassandra-jdbc is CQL2-based, which is the main reason we have been
advising folks against it.

Can we just confirm that there isn't in fact widespread use of CQL2-based
cassandra-jdbc?  That just jumps out at me.