Hi, all,

We have recently encountered a Cassandra OOM issue when Cassandra is brought up
sometimes (but not always) in our 4-node cluster test bed.

After analyzing the heap dump, we could find the Internal-Response thread pool
(JMXEnabledThreadPoolExecutor) is filled with thounds of
'org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageIn' objects, and occupy > 2 gigabytes of heap
memory.

According to the documents on internet, it seems internal-response thread pool
is somewhat related to schema-checking. Has anyone encountered similar issue
before?

We are using Cassandra 2.0.17 and JDK 1.8. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Michael Fong