It's a little more involved than that.  I suggest inserting a single row in
a test table, then looking at the sstabledump output as a first step, then
compare with two rows in a single partition.  Then you can code dive to see
what sstabledump is actually doing if you really need the byte-level detail.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra