Would it make sense to allow people submitting the patch to flag things as
LHF or small tasks? If it doesn't look like it is simple enough the team
could remove the label but it may help get feedback to patches more
quickly, even something saying accepted for review would be nice.

Personally if a ticket sits for a few weeks I have no idea what next steps
I should take to keep it moving forward. We may want to document what a
person submitting a patch should do next and if it is documented we should
add a link on
http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/patches.html

Jeff

PS: My example is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12633