Thanks for the information Jeremy.

My main concern is around making JIRAs easy to understand. I am not sure how
community feels about it. But, I have personally observed that long discussion
thread on JIRAs is not user friendly for someone trying to understand the
ticket or may be trying to contribute to the discussion/fix . I strongly feel
that there should be a better way e.g. a summary field in JIRA which filters
out the discussions, arguments, solutions etc.and just crisply summarizes the
problem, solution under discussion and the current status. Sometimes
description of the defect is not sufficient.   For a new comer trying to
understand a JIRA, this summary would be a good start to understand the problem
upfront and then if you want to go into details, you can understand the long
JIRA thread.
Also, some JIRAs are in dead state and you don't get a clue what's the current
status after so much discussion over the ticket? Some JIRAs are neither
rejected nor validated, so even if its a bug, some people would be reluctant to
pick JIRAs which have not been validated yet.

ThanksAnuj

    On Friday, 11 November 2016 1:40 AM, Jeremy Hanna