Hi,

I am seeing a lot of people trying (and failing) to unsubscribe from
Cassandra mailing lists lately by sending an email to the list with
"unsubscribe" message either in the subject or the body of the email
instead of writing an email to dev-unsubscr...@cassandra.apache.org or
user-unsubscr...@cassandra.apache.org.

Last year I tried to template an answer for those messages, but it was
annoying to answer all the people (I am not a robot) and my message was
considered to be "too French". So I stopped. But at least it opened an
interesting discussion and suggestions were made but never applied
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg48355.html.

I know this 'spam' it is not a big deal, but seeing this kind of message
regularly for years is somehow frustrating me and this useless noise is
annoying, it makes more thread on busy mailing lists. Some unsubscribe
messages are even in the middle of other threads. On the other side I
believe it might be quite easy to 'fix'.

Should / could we have INFRA automatically unsubscribing people sending
those messages? I believe this would be the best solution, as more people
mentioned a year ago. I would like at least those messages to be filtered,
even that is a bit more selfish as it would not end the subscription for
the person sending the message, it would at least reduce the noise.

How do I make this actionable, should I create a JIRA? Is this message
enough for someone to take over? Should this go through a vote?

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - @arodream - al...@thelastpickle.com
France

http://www.thelastpickle.com