Hi,
I am curious to know how people practically use Snapshot restore provided that
snapshot restore may lead to inconsistent reads until full repair is run on the
node being restored ( if you have dropped mutations in your cluster).
Example:9 am snapshot taken on all 3 nodes10 am mutation drop on node 311 am
snapshot restore on node 1. Now the data is only on node 2 if we are writing at
quorum and we will observe inconsistent reads till we repair node 1.
If you use restore snapshot with join_ring equal to false, repair the node and
then join the restored node when repair completes, the node will not lead to
inconsistent reads but will miss writes during the time its being repaired as
simply booting the node with join_ring=false would also stop pushing writes to
the node ( unlike boostrap with join_ring=false where writes are pushed to the
node being bootstrapped) and thus you would need another full repair to make
data of the node restored via snapshot in sync with other nodes.
Its hard to believe that a simple snapshot restore scenario is still broken and
people are not complaining. So, I thought of asking the community members..how
do you practically use snapshot restore while addressing the read inconsistency
issue.
ThanksAnuj
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android