Hi,

the clock for Python 2.7 is ticking [1], and yes, there are still more than two
years, but sooner or later cqlsh should be ported to Python 3. Is anybody
already working on it or just considers to work on it? What is the long time
plan for cqlsh? Should it be in Python forever or is the another plan? What was
the original reason for the client for Cassandra being written in python?

Too many questions? Sorry for that, I'm just curious. My main idea was to get
involved in the discussion about cqlsh and python 3. And if there is not one
already I would like to start it.

Tomas

[1] https://pythonclock.org/