> Lay our cards on the table about what we want included in 4.0 and work to
> get those in

Are you saying we're back to where we started....?  šŸ˜‰

For those wanting to delay, are we just dancing around inclusion of
> some pet features? This is fine, I just think we need to communicate
> what we are after if so.

Mostly. There are numerous large tickets that have been being worked on *for
a long time*, and have been rumoured to be nearing completion for some
time, which would be beneficial for everyone. They aren't my pet tickets
but I'd sure like to see them finally land (see: Apple tickets).

But there's more to it than that. We've also got tickets we'd like to get
committed and It's an incredibly slow process to get anyone to review your
tickets (and commit) if you're not in the club, so to speak. There's 148
tickets that are Patch available ATM, 89 of which have no reviewer. I think
it's highly unlikely a lot of these will get committed before June 1st, and
I don't think that's fair on a lot of the people who have been trying to
contribute their patches for months, potentially years in some cases, but
have been stuck waiting on feedback/reviewers/committers.

Sure it's not the end of the world, but I know from experience that it's
damn discouraging. Even missing a minor release for a bug fix because of
this is annoying as hell.

I do want to remind everyone though that each new feature is at odds
> with our stability goals for 4.0.

With all the refactoring that's already gone into 4.0 and our current lack
of testing I think we're fighting an uphill battle here anyway. Adding a
few more metres is the least of our worries IMO. The
alpha/verification/testing period is already going to be a very long one.