I guess I look at the initial voting in of committers as the process
by which people are trusted to merge things in.  This proposed process
revokes that trust. If Jonathan Ellis or Dave Brosius (arbitrarily
picked) wants to merge a new feature into trunk during the freeze, now
they're not allowed?  That's absurd.  People have already met the bar
and have been voted in by merit, they should not have their privilege
revoked.

--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com