Hi everyone,

I’ve created several new JIRA reports in Confluence organized under this
top-level page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Jira+reports

These pages report open issues by Component and fix version. My aims in
creating them are to:

– Represent what’s currently screened into each upcoming release milestone.
– Break releases down by component to assess health/outstanding work in each.
– Make it easier to identify what’s scoped where (and to gauge release size).
– Create pages that can be used as queues for screening and for patches
awaiting review.

They may also help structure discussions on release scope and what’s in /
what’s out. I’ve refrained from updating the “fix version” field on tickets
this weekend, but hope that these pages can become useful toward doing so as a
dev community. Additional JIRA grooming is needed before these can support
scope / timeline discussions on a per-release basis (esp. getting all active
and planned testing work represented) – but representing the current state of
things seemed like a prerequisite.

The current reports are:

– 4.0: Open Issues by Component
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/4.0%3A+Open+Issues+by+Component

– 4.0.x: Open Issues by Component
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/4.0.x%3A+Open+Issues+by+Component

– 4.x: Open Issues by Component
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/4.x%3A+Open+Issues+by+Component

– Open Issues by Component (Unscreened)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=97550493

– Patch Available
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Patch+Available

If you’ve got cabin fever from poor air quality (or just really love screening
bugs), I’d love help adding components to tickets on the "Open Issues by
Component - Unscreened” page.

Cheers,

– Scott