Previous discussion can be found here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/cbc50f5ac085ac759b52eb7e87277a3b82e2773c6d507c4b525d5555@%3Cdev.cassandra.apache.org%3E

On 11.02.19 19:58, Ariel Weisberg wrote:
Hi,

Do you mean Python 2/3 compatibility?

This has been discussed earlier and I think that being compatible with both is
an easier sell.

Ariel

On Feb 11, 2019, at 1:24 PM, dinesh.jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID
<dinesh.jo...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Hey all,
We've gotten the cqlsh tests running in the Cassandra repo (these are distinct from
the cqlsh tests in dtests repo). They're in Python 2.7 and using the nosetests.
We'd like to make them consistent with the rest of the tests which means moving
them to Python 3 & Pytest framework. However this would involve migrating cqlsh
to Python 3. Does anybody have any concerns if we move cqlsh to Python 3? Please
note that Python 2 is EOL'd and will be unsupported in about 10 months.
So here are the options -
1. Leave cqlsh in Python 2.7 & nosetests. Just make sure they're running as part of
the build process.2. Move cqlsh to Python 3 & pytests.3. Leave cqlsh in Python 2.7
but move to Pytests. This option doesn't really add much value though.
Thanks,
Dinesh