> Can we have a vote once the tests pass? I know we all are including me
> are excited about cutting this alpha but we cannot cut a release with
> test failing or not being run due to some Java home issue.

I agree.
I'm -0 (non-binding anyway) on the release for this reason.

> If people have already started using the alpha artifacts, then I
> suggest we make test passing a blocker for next alpha

There's no requirement for any alpha to pass a successful vote, or to be voted
on at all. It remains available in the staging repository for everyone that
wants to test it. That is in itself a great way of saying it's "alpha". Ofc if
you want it tested in more hands then it makes sense it is easier to get.

Also,  is CircleCI is expected to pass without an account that breaks the bank?
Or are we in a situation where only certain people with paid subscriptions to
CircleCI can do the full test run?