I read the release lifecycle a little differently when it comes to the
quality tickets; I don't think it really speaks to those (areas without
known defects but with known skepticism about their stability). If we find
the text to be unclear or not address them we should definitely revise.
Here's what I take away from it (relevant excerpts):

Beta:
- During this phase:
-- If there are no known bugs to be fixed before release, we promote to RC.

RC:
- Definition / Expectations:
-- A release candidate build is legitimately a release candidate. The final
release will be built from the same SHA as the final release candidate.

- During this phase:
-- If no release-blocking issues are identified within a brief incubation
period, release is promoted to GA.
-- The intent of this period is to allow for the user community to fully
exercise the release and flag potential release-blocking issues.
-- If bugs are found, fixes are made and above step is repeated.

It seems our options, specifically w/regards to the "we believe we need to
test system X more" style tickets, are:
1. We should agree to block rc 1 on them being done and update the rel
lifecycle text
2. We let things go to RC but block GA on them and update the rel lifecycle
text
3. We put them in a special ongoing "best effort" bucket of "things we're
working on and will continue to work on during beta, rc, and after GA"

Not sure the right way to proceed. The testing is certainly turning up
things that need fixing, but it's also a different category afaict of
"areas we expect to find defects if we take the time to look closer".