> I propose to:
>
>    - update the documentation to clarify the meaning of the fix version as
>    'The version in which the item must be fixed' (e.g 4.0-beta if the ticket
>    must be fixed in a beta release)
>    - create a 4.0-GA fix version and use it for the Quality testing tickets
>    - Start a discussion beginning of January to discuss the scope of those
>    tickets
>
> If you disagree on any of the points do not hesitate to raise your concerns

Even though we have gone ahead and created the `4.0-GA` label, and have already
moved the Quality testing tickets to it, I do think we have made a small
mistake hereā€¦

What would the difference between `4.0-rc` and `4.0-GA` be?

If `4.0-beta` is a "Placeholder for blockers to 4.0-rc1",
then `4.0-rc` would be a "Placeholder for blockers to 4.0.0",
so then what is `4.0-GA` ?

This was half-documented in the fixVersion descriptions here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CASSANDRA?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin%3Arelease-page&status=unreleased
(`4.0-rc` did fail to have any useful description).

Can I suggest we move all `4.0-GA`  to `4.0-rc`, and delete `4.0-GA` ?