Hi list,

this is the follow-up thread after we discussed the addition of Deprecated
annotations with "since" in the code. It was merged to 5.0 and trunk under
18912.

I have added all the mappings under (1). There are tables for each major
version of Cassandra with links to all places where we deprecated that with
information whether it is JMX/public facing or nodetool, Config etc.

As we are targeting this for 5.x/trunk, I think we are safe to elaborate on the
removal of all deprecations which we added in majors 1, 2 and 3 only.

I would like to make this an iterative process. For starters, we might remove
(if we decide to do so), stuff which was deprecated in 1.x and 2.x to which I
put various commentary in the ticket.

If you see something which we should not remove, please tell me so, for such
elements, I will put "forRemoval = false" to respective deprecation annotations.

Regards

(1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-18938