> similarly as for Cassandra 1.x and 2.x deprecations removal done in
> CASSANDRA-18959, you are welcome to comment on the removal of all stuff
> deprecated in 3.x (1).
>
> If nobody objects after couple days I would like to proceed to the actual
> removal. Please tell me if you want something to keep around.

I have concerns, but I won't block.

I would like to propose we focus on getting to a 5.0-beta1 release.
To do that we should be stopping all work on cassandra-5.0 that isn't
about stabilisation.

Can this land in trunk instead ?
How much work is in front of us to get to 5.0-beta1 ?  (Please add
fixVersion 5.0-beta for stabilisation work.)