I'm a +1 on a beta now vs maybe later. Beta doesn't imply perfect
especially if there are declared known issues. We need people outside of
this tight group using it and finding issues. I know how this rolls. Very
few people touch a Alpha release. Beta is when the engine starts and we
need to get it started asap. Otherwise we are telling ourselves we have the
perfect testing apparatus and don't need more users testing. I don't think
that is the case.

Scott, Ekaterina, and I are going to be on stage in 2 weeks talking about
Cassandra 5 in the keynotes. In that time, our call to action is going to
be to test the beta.

Patrick