Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> >I think, for cocoon 2.2 with the "real blocks" we need to think about our
> >cvs strategy anyway. Currently, we agreed to create a new cvs repository
> >for each new major version, so we would have a cocoon-2.2 repository.
> >

> Why not 2.1.1? What change *requires* version bump to 2.2?

Good question. I expect that blocks required some changes in the core
of cocoon, so the next version with blocks is not only a maintainance
release, therefore a major version change.
Minor version changes are intended usually only for bug-fixing.

> Same repository will be used then, same blocks directories. IIRC,
> directory layout for the "fake blocks" was made specifically to enable
> "real blocks" without cvs restructuring. Meaning, we can develop "real
> blocks" in 2.1 CVS and release as 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 or whatever/whenever it
> will be.

Ok, I only made the assumption that we will do blocks for 2.2; we haven't
spoken about it in detail. If we decide to implement blocks in 2.1.x, it's
ok for me.
Whatever we choose we have to get to consensus very soon now.

Carsten