* Geoff Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-22 18:47]:
> Alan wrote:
>
> >* Upayavira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-22 07:58]:
> >

> >>I tend to think that Momento isn't suited to this need.
> >>

> >>However, as an XML data repository, it seems very interesting.
> >>

> >I've got a better idea of how Jisp is used in Cocoon from reading
> >   all the discussion after my post.
> >
> >   I suggested Momento because someone suggested Xindice which led
> >   me to believe Jisp handled an XML persistence task.
> >
> >   Might not be the best bet, no.
> >

> Still, I think finding a way to use momento to reduce memory overhead in
> working with large xml datasets has great potential.  No one really
> knows how great, but a demo/sample using it would be a start...  (hint
> hint :)  )

Working on it. As noted, I have JAXP implemented and SAX interface
    to XUpdate. I have APIs. I am going to start working on services
    next.

    A Cocoon generator that takes a Momento data source and an XSLT
    transform would be a start.

    I'm not sure how to get information into Momento via Cocoon. I'm
    thinking about some sort of Woody binding, but that goes beyond
    my current understanding of Cocoon.

You can now download and build Momento:

        http://engrm.com/project/com.agtrz.momento/

    Click on download. Download the ZIP. You need Ant 1.6.

        ant -f mix.bootstrap.xml
        ant mix.distribution

    That ought to do it.

--
Alan / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / http://engrm.com/
    aim/yim: alanengrm - icq: 228631855 - msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]