Bruno Dumon <bruno <at> outerthought.org> writes:

> > Problem: readFromRequest() causes validation on all widgets in their order in
> > the form definition.
>
> Which version are you using? I thought Sylvain fixed this a couple of
> days ago.

Only the latest release 2.1.4. You mean the "early validation" on actions?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=108193479001068&w=4
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=108189170017245&w=4
?? The cforms commit message already has the hint.

I hadn't this fix in mind as I do a "real" submit, not only an action. But,
yeah, it could of course be the same reason.

> >  But readFromRequest() also causes the setting of
> > form.submitWidget. So form.submitWidget is not set yet if the above much
> > shortened custom validator is evaluated. I have to put the field definition
> > 'event' to the end of the form.
> >
> > More granular methods help to solve the problem: 1st run through form model
> > readFromRequest() -> also set form's submitWidget. 2nd run validate().
>
> This separation has always been there (modulus bugs), exactly for your
> use case.

Yes, sorry for the noise then.

Joerg