Ugo Cei wrote:

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Ugo Cei wrote:

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Should we interpret this as a veto?

It's not up to interpretation, as nobody can veto [VOTE]s.

Vetos can only be used to revert commits that should not happen because of problems they generate, and be accompanied with solid technical reasons.

Thank you for the clarification. I did look around for an exhaustive and unambiguous description of our voting procedures, but couldn't find any. Do you have any pointers?

http://incubator.apache.org/learn/voting.html

Hmmm...

"Under normal (non-lazy consensus) conditions, the proposal requires three positive votes and no negative ones in order to pass; [...]
For code-modification votes, +1 votes are in favour of the proposal, but -1 votes are vetos and kill the proposal dead until all vetoers withdraw their -1 votes."

Doesn't this apply to this vote?

I knew you would ask ;-)

These rules are the ones that came out of HTTPD land, and reflect a codebase that changes very differently from ours. What you should really be looking at is: http://xml.apache.org/decisions.html

We should have our own voting guidelines... where are they?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -