On 20 Apr 2004, at 19:47, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 20.04.2004 16:41, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

Me and Jerm (who's working right beside me ATM) have found some problems with the serializers shipped with XALAN, as outlined in those messages that randomly hit the mailing list...

Did I miss them? Which messages and which problems? Why are the serializers not fixed in Xalan?

I'm totally unable to create correct <SCRIPT> <LINK> and <TEXTAREA> HTML tags with Xalan... Dunno, maybe it's my config, but with the garbage serializer, I'm able to validate my pages at the W3C validator service, with the default one, I'm not...

And it's scary that in our welcome XSLT we specify a META tag with a charset and content type... Means that (probably) someone found that bug beforehands and patched it with the XSLT...

Why they're not fixed in there? Because I'm not smart enough to look into XALAN itself, and (IMVHO) that thing of xsl:output was wrong in the first place anyway (and that's what XALAN is relying on)...

Pier