Pier Fumagalli wrote:
<snip/>

As I personally need the kernel, I will personally invest some more time into it, Cocoon or not (frankly, I could care less at this point).

I think that the current kernel code is wrong, as it's based on implementation of interfaces a-la Avalon, and you showed me a way to embrace the new idea of however-you-call-it component injection or POJO container. That's a must, and I want that in. Class loader isolation is another must.

And that said, I close this whole discussion as I think it's entirely pointless, I'll let Stefano re-iterate why class loading isolation is required to achieve blocks polymorphism.

Pier

Care to give some high level description on what the new kernel does and how it works or any pointers about it? Any pointers about class loader isolation?

/Daniel