Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

E.) Use Jelly: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/

AFAIK Jelly allready solve most of the requirements above. More specifically it uses JEXL or Jaxen as expression language, and you can use expressions both in attributes and in text with the syntax "${expr}". The expression engine is pluggable, so one can implement an Expression interface and use another expression language, JXPath e.g.

In Jelly there are simple mechanisms for writing own tag libs. And a large number of tag libs are already implemented. It read and writes SAX. It also have mechanisms for compiling the template so that id doesn't need to be parsed again, if used several times.

Jelly has imho a very awkward design that has several problems
when used in Cocoon - I looked at it some months ago and had some
discussions with Jelly developers. I don't remember any details,
but the result was that it isn't suitable to be used inside
Cocoon. Ok, this is a very general statement without any proof,
but that's all I can currently say. Other projects, like Maven,
aren't happy with Jelly either.

But you're right that it is a potential candidate to consider.
Now, whoever does this job is free to decide :)

Carsten

I have done some work on implementing a Jelly generator. Basically my own versions of the JellyGenerator in scratchpad and your TemplateObjectModelHelper, didn't know the existence of either of them :/

The most irritating problem that I have found this far is that it uses java.net.URL for uri handling which doesn't work that well together with the Excialibur Sources in Cocoon.

After some searching I found that you didn't find it suitable for multi threaded environment: http://www.osoco.net/weblogs/rael/archives/000202.html, do you remember what was the problem? Other problems?

/Daniel