Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> IMO, OSGi seem to be the best choice for kernel for Cocoon's block
> architecture and there is (if I haven't missed something important) a
> low risk, incremental and evolutionary way to get there.

Hmm, I'm currently not sure if we really need such an infrastructure for
our own blocks; it seems like a big burden and might make things more
complicated than they could be. Don't know.
I still have the problem that I can't see what real world problems will
be solved with this and what the drawbacks are. Sure, it sounds cool...

Ok, anyways, I will not block any approach, I'm just trying to express
my current feelings about it. But I really thing whatever we do, this
should *not* be done in the current trunk. We should move 2.2 out the
door as soon as possible and target "real blocks" for a later release.
So, try out OSGi if you want, but please not in the trunk.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/