Reinhard Poetz wrote:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

I have added a first, hopefully working, version of the sitemap aspect of real blocks to the trunk. No functionality to get components (not even VPCs) yet from the blocks.

Many thanks mate!!! I will give you feedback on the issues that I can comment on as soon as possible over the next days.

Looking forward to get feedback :)

Just being curious: What do you think how difficult will it be to integrate the OSGi layer beneath your infrastructure? (Yes, I read your RT but I'm intersted in your thoughts after reaching the first milestone of blcoks implementation.)

I have not thought that much more on OSGi integration, so the RT still reflects my current ideas. I plan to start experimenting with OSGi in the whiteboard ASAP if no one protests. Then we should get a better idea about the issues.

Things that still are unclear to me is how the "Cocoon service" should find the wiring info or the main sitemap in a convenient way in OSGi.

Although it is not needed for getting a first version of real blocks I think we will need to spend much work on spliting the core into smaller pieces and to be much more clear about what is api and what is implementation.

/Daniel