David Crossley wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > David Crossley a ?crit :
> > >...As i warned a long time ago, the re-arrangement of
> > >documentation should not have been done until the
> > >2.2 release...
> >
> > Fully agreed, staying with the old docs for 2.1.8 seems much easier,
> > and 2.2 is a good time to make a transition on the docs.
> >
> > >...If people are not going to help fix the new Daisy-based
> > >documentation for this release, then we we need to
> > >repair the old documentation building system, e.g. the
> > >index.xml file seems to be missing and various other
> > >source files have been deleted...
> >
> > Could we do the release and regenerate only the index and news pages?
> > I don't think there have been much changes to other parts of the "old"
> > docs.
> >
> > I'm strongly for releasing 2.1.8 with the "old" docs and take our time
> > to improve them for 2.2.
>
> Good idea, i was wondering about that as a workaround.
> We can easily update the complete top-level docs, same
> as before.
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate
>
> We might be able to repair the old 2.1 docs sufficiently
> to get the changes.html page built and update only that page.
>
> Doing 'svn log status.xml' shows that quite a lot
> of changes (~130) are noted since 2.1.7 (March 23 2005).

Okay i tried various ways to do that and
now have one solution working.

It would have been better get the cocoon-daisy-to-docs
to process the Changes (since they belong with 2.1).
However i cannot do that because the Forrest Daisy plugin
seems to intercept everything and map it to Daisy.
So the projectInfo plugin can't handle it.

The top-level docs are now building the changes page
by getting the status.xml file from the 2.1 branch svn.
Not ideal, but it works.

http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-site/changes.html

The problem is that that page will not be added to the
2.1 docs package, but at least we can update it on the
website.

-David