Niklas Therning wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>> Yes, please :) I would suggest log4j as commons-logging has problems
>> with classloading (afair) and noone is using jdk14 logging.
>

> Nowadays there's also slf4j (www.slf4j.org). Like commons-logging it's a
> facade for other logging frameworks but it doesn't suffer from the
> classloading problems of commons-logging. It's used by the Apache
> directory project. I think it's being developed by the guy behind log4j.

We have discussed that before. Personally, just using the de-facto
standard of Log4J, if it is capable of meeting our requirements, keeps
things simple. And simple is something that Cocoon seriously needs to be
moving towards. We've been there and done that in relation to lots of
dependencies.

Regards, Upayavira