Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
Ralph Goers schrieb:
Carsten Ziegeler said:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
It depends on how long time you think that it will take. If you think
that it take a week or so I suggest that you branch cocoon-core, and
work on the branch until it works again and merge it back then. In the
meantime the rest of us try to avoid doing larger changes in cocoon-core
trunk.

If it takes like a month or so, it is better to try to do some splitting
of cocoon-core first, so that you only need to branch the tree-processor
and the top layer that contain the Cocoon object.
Ok, I think this will take one or two days until Cocoon runs again while
it might take a little bit longer to polish everything.
Really? I haven't been able to get a running portal on trunk in a while,
so I'll look forward to being able to have that back in a couple of days.

Ah, sorry, again one of my too short sentences: no, I'm not able to run
the portal or any other block right now and I don't have a clue how to
fix this. I meant that I need one or two days to replace ECM++ with
Spring and then Cocoon runs again in the same way it runs today. Getting
the blocks/samples run again is currently out of my scope for the Spring
integration.
But I really would love to have running stuff again :)

I think everything run today, it is only that no one have cared to try. AFAIK, we hadn't made any changes of core that should affect anything since the M10N. All blocks work have been done in separate projects.

So the cocoon-webapp when I tried it the last time (mvn war:inplace jetty6:run). That is without blocks. To add blocks it should be enough to 1) add them to the dependencies in the cocoon-webapp POM. 2) copy the content of src/main/resources/WEB-INF to the cocoon-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF. AFAICS, the only thing that would be required to make Cocoon trunk work as before the M10N, would be to write a Maven plugin that does this copying automatically for the configuration files in blocks.

I haven't done it because I'm more thrilled about getting the real blocks to work. But for those of you that work on blocks like the portal, it would certainly be worthwhile.

/Daniel