Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Upayavira skrev:
>> My own reflections on this is whether or not this is still Cocoon.
>>
>> It seems to me that you are creating a framework for managing web
>> applications based upon servlets, OSGi and the URLConnections. This
>> doesn't seem all that specific to Cocoon - it seems more general than
>> that, and potentially more generally useful too.
>
> I have had similar reflections. From a technical stand point it could be
> developed in some other community as it doesn't depend on the rest of
> Cocoon. But as it is based on years of community work from Cocoon, I
> think it belongs to Cocoon.
>
> Also I think we have some agreement that we should make more parts of
> Cocoon reusable outside Cocoon and then the same will be the case for
> them as well.
>
>> Cocoon's contribution would be its SitemapServlet, and other such
>> elements.
>>
>> So, my question: Is this still cocoon, or is it becoming something more
>> general than that (e.g. that could become a Felix sub-project) - thus
>> gaining a far wider adoption?
>
> We should develop it to a point where it works for Cocoon first ;)
>
> I'm very interested in suggestions about how we could cooperate with the
> Felix community about this. As you suggest it could be interesting for
> some of them and feedback from the OSGi community would be very valuable.

Okay. I'm glad we seem to be on the same page with this.

It would seem sensible to continue development here in this community -
get it working to a point when we can demonstrate it, then we can show
it off to others and see who is interested, and where its future home
lies. Maybe elsewhere, or maybe the meaning of 'Cocoon' changes. But for
now it makes sense to stay precisely here.

Regards, Upayavira