Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> The error above seems to be caused by the missing lib/optional directory
>>> as I removed them last week.
>>>
>>> If somebody wants to reactivate gump again, he should start
>>> incrementally and write a gump descriptor for cocoon-core but please
>>> make sure that we don't have any svn:externals in trunk; I removed the
>>> svn:externals link to gump.xml.
>>

>> Well that is going to break things. That SVN external was to allow Gump
>> people write access to our gump descriptor. How come you removed it? It
>> was placed there in discussion with this list and with the Gump peeps.
>
> Sorry for not bringing this issue to the list.
> IIUC I didn't delete the descriptor but only the link to it as gump.xml
> is located in the gump SVN. We can add the svn:external to our
> repository for convenience but please don't do it within trunk -
> /cocoon/gump would be a better idea IMHO.

Actually, this is fair enough, as we no longer depend upon Gump for our
build process.

>                                    - o -
>
> More generally, we need to decide what we do with it as gump.xml as it
> is today is totally broken because of the move to Maven 2 (e.g. we are
> relying on many libraries within the repository; many source directories
> have changed, etc.).
>
> Basically the gump descriptor expresses the same dependencies as the
> pom.xml and I doubt our community will take care of both. BTW, is
> anybody taking care of a working Gump descriptor? The best solution
> would be Gump that can work based on pom.xml descriptors ...

I did see some discussion on Gump working with Maven2, but have since
unsubscribed from [EMAIL PROTECTED], as I was hardly reading it.

So in time, maybe Gump itself will run off pom files where they exist.

Regards, Upayavira