Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
Yes, that's true - now there are some problems here (as always). I
started to implement a spring 2.0 xml namespace handler which would
allow to "plugin" the old avalon configuration into a spring
configuration using an own xml element, like <avalon:components
src="cocoon.xconf"/> (or something like that).
Would be great if we could do it that way.
Unfortunately reading the avalon configuration requires access to the
servlet context which is not available inside an xml namespace handler
of spring, so either we can use some hacky workaround here or find
another solution.

Apart from that, we now have a nice property mechanism which we have to
rewrite if we are going this way as we have to write spring components
for the property handling (shouldn't be a big deal though).
I would prefer reusing the Spring property mechanism as far as possible.
And finally, we have some optional components like an own logging system
or own property providers. Currently these can be defined in the root
web application context using default spring mechanisms and then Cocoon
makes use of them. If they are not available, Cocoon uses default
implementations. We have to find a solution for that as well.

So, if we can solve these issues in a clean way, I'm +1 for just using
the root web application context of spring. This would also mean that we
don't need our own listener anymore.
+1

/Daniel