Sylvain Wallez skrev:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote
We had virtual sitemap components one and a half year ago. But since
then a lot have happened in the system so I find it hard to believe
that they still work.

If someone is interested enough I could help fixing them. But I lost
interest in them as I think that the concept of virtual sitemap
components is flawed. I wrote a little bit about what I would like
instead in http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=116177650900001&r=1&w=2.

That would be nice. It actually looks like the "pipeline services" we
discussed 4 years ago [1]. Wow, time flies!!!
It is based on that discussion. I always preferred the service view of reusable pipeline (snippets) before the component view. I implemented the VPCs as we as a community wanted the component view. But after my work on the VPCs and the block fw I'm convinced that the service view is more natural and easier to handle. The service view makes the non pipeline services reusable as sitemap snippets while VPCs, assumes that everything is sitemap based.

/Daniel
Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103787313407324&w=2