On 7/4/07, Daniel Fagerstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip/>

> So at the minimum we'd only need to:
> a) change the Interpreter API to allow a function to return a value.

I think that Interpreter is part of our "official" API, so we must
consider back compatibility and our deprecation policy. Does changing
the return value from void to Object create back incompatibility? If it
does the simplest way is probably to add a new method that has a return
value, and possibly deprecating the current one. Also one have to keep
in mind that javaflow and apples depends on the flow API.

I think we had this discussion once before (though I'm too lazy to go
look it up)?  I don't see how adding a returned object could break
anything if a function currently returns void?  I'd say you don't need
a new method, but you may need to put it to a vote...

<snip/>

--
Peter Hunsberger